On Sun, 2010-08-15 at 18:40 +1000, Paul Steckler wrote:
> > I guess this is related to the fact that recent Linux kernel have turned
> > on the randomize virtual address space feature -designed to improve
> > system security. You could disable it by
> >  echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/randomize_va_space
> > but first learn more about it.
>
> For some reason, I was able to edit that file using emacs, even when
> echo wouldn't work.

To check that it did work as expected (which I doubt) do
   cat /proc/sys/kernel/randomize_va_space
it should give 0

> But the hanging problem persists.

Are you sure that you don't have badly coded C routines that you call
from your Ocaml code (don't forget correct use of CAMLparam & CAMLlocal,
read again carefully
http://caml.inria.fr/pub/docs/manual-ocaml/manual032.html and perhaps
other material about precise garbage collectors).

Are you sure you don't have a memory leak in your Ocaml code? This could
happen when a reference value refers to a "big" value you don't need
anymore.

Cheers.
*** opinions {are only mine, sont seulement les miennes} ***