On 20-11-2010, Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-...@web.de> wrote:
> Sylvain Le Gall <sylv...@le-gall.net> writes:
>>
>> The best example about this: you cannot delete a file that has an FD
>> still open on it. This makes harder to remove temporary file (and this
>> piece of code was precisely made to track FD on temporary files, that
>> let 1000s of unremoved temp file).
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sylvain Le Gall
>
> Which again speaks for my solution. The leaked FD will be closed much
> faster (before the program terminates) and one can remove the tempfiles
> while the program is still running.

I think, this totally off-topic. But anyway, when a program create a
temporary files it needs to remove ASAP, itself. I wouldn't
deliver a program with a notice like "sometimes FD leaked, not a
problem, just remove $TMP/myprogram-*".

For the little story, the leaked FD (hence the temporary files) was
400MB each and it quickly get noticed after a few run (and a full HD).

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall