On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 17:07:59 +0200
Török Edwin <edwinto...@gmail.com> wrote:

> BTW I was also looking at ways to speed up mark_slice and sweep_slice,
> (which is not easy since it is mostly optimized already).
> Found a place where GCC is not smart enough though. Attached patch
> improves GC sweep_slice by 3% - 10% in ocamlopt, depending on CPU (3%
> Intel, 10% AMD Phenom II X6). Should I open a bug and attach it?

BTW, while we are on this topic, why the following is not in upstream yet?

http://eigenclass.org/R2/writings/optimizing-caml_modify

Looks like a clear win-win without drawbacks (increased code size shouldn't be
significant
cause Modify is only used in a couple of places). What do you think?

PS I was hoping Mauricio will push it to bugtracker or start discussion but
apparently this didn't happen so
here we go - stealing the flag, sorry :)

--
 ygrek
 http://ygrek.org.ua