On 12/12/2010 11:09 PM, Kihong Heo wrote:
> I have a big program using ocaml graph and ocaml batteries.
> When I was improving performance of the program, I was curious about
> the performance of those library.
>
> I use old version of ocaml batteries (maybe beta version?) and the latest
> version of ocamlgraph.
> And I just use PMap and PSet among ocaml batteries.
> (now those are changed to BatPMap and BatPSet as I know).
>
> I want to know
> 1. Is there a big difference in memory consumption between old and new
> version of ocaml batteries?

There shouldn't be.

> 2. Generally, is the memory consumption of ocamlgraph is effective?

In my experience, it is quite reasonable in its memory use (particularly
compared with a Java library I tried).  The ultimate test, though, is
your application.  Can you do the computations you need within the
resources you have available?  I'm guessing it'll be pretty hard to beat
ocamlgraph, though, except with a very tight array-based implementation
with integer nodes.

-Michael