sieira wrote:
> Thanks for your replies. I'm now having some issue with Raphael's
> suggestion of using (string * string) list;; as the menu type.
>

> type menu = (string*string) list;;
>
> Results in a syntax error at the first parenthesis, while
>
> type menu = string*string;;
>
> fails too (at the asterisk)
>
> It seems like I'm missing something. Since according to the
> http://caml.inria.fr/pub/docs/manual-caml-light/node3.5.html
> documentantion , this sintax should be right.
>
> I'm using Camllight 0.81 by François Boisson running in Ubuntu lucid lynx

People on this list will reasonably assume you're using Objective Caml unless
you say otherwise - this should have been at the top of your original post. I
don't know and don't have access to an installation of caml light but looking
at http://caml.inria.fr/pub/docs/manual-caml-light/node3.9.html it would appear
to me as though type abbreviations (which is what you're doing) need == in Caml
Light:

type menu == (string*string) list;;

... but I may well be wrong.

David