At 07:38 PM 11/8/2004 +0000, Ed writeth:

>On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 08:16:46 -0800 (PST)
>viv <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> can anyone tell me how i can connect to MsAccess through C and
>> execute SQL statements.
>
>There are better solutions other than Access such as MySQL and paradox.
>Each to their own I guess.

Access is great tool for fast schema design and quick-n-dirty testing.  It
isn't a production-quality database and runs slower than molasses, but is
great for trying out various schemas before migrating to a production
environment like MySQL, DB2, Oracle, or SQL Server.

Paradox still exists?  I don't think that has been updated since version 7.
Borland doesn't even recognize it on their website.  They have Interbase
or something now.  Anyway, no database server Borland has ever released has
been a really great RDBMS.

Thomas J. Hruska
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Shining Light Productions
Home of the Nuclear Vision scripting language and ProtoNova web server.
http://www.slproweb.com/

To unsubscribe, send a blank message to <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Get unlimited calls to

U.S./Canada

Web Bug from http://view.atdmt.com/VON/view/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1100025380555897