DIGITAL DIGEST — http://www.bonitanews.com — November 20, 2004

Subscribe to the Bonita Daily News: http://web.naplesnews.com/circulation/

COMMENT PERIOD OPENS ON ESTATES RESTORATION PROJECT
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is warning that it needs more information to
figure out how much an Everglades restoration project proposed for rural
Collier County will help the environment. The agency has been working for
months with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the South Florida Water
Management District to resolve lingering questions about Southern Golden Gate
Estates restoration.

MACK RETURNS TO D.C. FOR HOUSE ORIENTATION SESSION
Connie Mack IV was a 14-year-old kid when he took his first step onto the floor
of the U.S. House of Representatives to stand alongside his father as he was
sworn into office. Twenty-two years after Connie Mack III moved the family from
Cape Coral to the nation’s capital, his son will repeat the trek to fill the
same House seat. Mack returned to Washington this week to get started on his
transition, taking part in an intensive orientation session where incoming
members learned everything from how to serve their constituents to what tunnels
will lead them to the Capitol.

FINAL LINK IN LIVINGSTON ROAD OPENS IN NORTH NAPLES
Jack Pointer flashed a wide grin as he left the tent where a celebration was
held Friday to note the opening of another major north-south road linking
Collier and Lee counties. It’s been two decades since the last one, Interstate
75, opened. And for Pointer, who throughout those decades has been patiently
looking forward to the opening of the Livingston Road corridor linking the two
counties, it was a special day.

FDOT BUDGET DELAYS U.S. 41 WIDENING UNTIL 2009-10
Those working to change the schedule for widening the last section of U.S. 41
from four lanes to six will see a change in the new state budget. But they
won’t like it. The new five-year construction plan proferred by the FDOT has
the work funded in 2009-10, a year later than the current plan. That’s the
opposite direction from the one Estero residents have been advocating as
they’ve tried to pressure the state to move up the widening work.

Get details on all these stories and more at http://www.naplesnews.com

IN PERSPECTIVE:
JAY AMBROSE: MESSAGE TO SCARE-MONGERS: GET OVER IT
If you took a look at the Drudge Report Friday morning, as I did, you may have
noticed two stories that had a certain similarity, although one of them was
about a school teacher in Manchester, England, and the other about Linda
Ronstadt, the singer. The school teacher, according to an Agence France-Presse
account on the Web site, wanted to persuade 250 high school students in a
morning assembly that they should seize the day, that they should make every
moment count.

Read more commentary and get local editorials and today’s Letters to the Editor
at http://www.naplesnews.com/npdn/perspective/

IN FLORIDA
PANHANDLE HURRICANE VICTIMS EYING LOTTO JACKPOT FOR REPAIRS
At first, Sharon Morrow said that if she wins Saturday’s drawing for an
estimated $50 million Florida Lotto jackpot she would use it to fix her
hurricane-damaged home. That still would leave plenty of unspent cash, so she
had some second thoughts. “I’m just going to tear it down and rebuild it,” she
said. “And I’d put in a swimming pool. ... I’d fix everybody’s house that I
know.”

Get details on all these stories and more at
http://www.naplesnews.com/npdn/florida/

IN NEAPOLITAN:
NORTH NAPLES CHURCHES COME TOGETHER FOR NIGHT OF ECUMENICAL WORSHIP
Too many times in the busyness of their lives and those of their parishioners,
pastors can forget that their church isn’t the one and only. Their way isn’t
the only way to follow the Lord. As the Rev. Richard Mueller sees it, there are
many times that “Christians should be praying together and praising God,”
forgetting their differences and commemorating the similarities.

Get details on all these stories and more at
http://www.naplesnews.com/npdn/neapolitan/

Click on the link below to be removed from the bonitanews.com mailing list.
http://web.bonitanews.com/cgi-bin/[EMAIL PROTECTED]