On Thu Mar 08, 2007 at 01:28:37AM +0000, Andrew Ullmann wrote:

> Dan Gottlieb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>

> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > I've been trying to get camping up and running on dreamhost for the
> > past six hours, but have had no success.  I'd really appreciate any
> > suggestions!
> >

> Were you able to get it working? I am struggling as well
> and any help would be appreciated.

you can probably just cp -av /usr/lib/ruby into your homedir and then
export GEM_HOME=~/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/
export GEM_PATH=~/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/
 in .bashrc

and add any more gems you need like camping.

maybe you can bypass the copy/install of ruby and define GEM_PATH to be
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8:$HOME/usr/lib/ruby/gems?

maybe you should bug dreamhost to install camping, since its so much lighter
than rails i dont see why they wouldnt want to promote it in a shared hosting
environment...