2007/4/18, Thomas Lockney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On 4/18/07, Jonas Pfenniger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi Carmen,
> >
> > to avoid patching Camping, I suggest you look into overriding the
> > "service" method for the target controllers. You can do this in your
> > main application module or by including a custom module in your
> > controllers, as you prefer. Let me know if you need more hints.
>
> I was going to suggest the same thing, but when I looked at it, it wasn't
> clear if this would allow for grabbing data like the request headers
> (allowing you to determine what form the submitted data takes). Based on the
> code Carmen posted, it looks like the idea is to be able to use the same
> controllers whether the data comes in from regular requests or as JSON data.
> Granted, that could still be done in the controllers, but it does end up
> being a bit less elegant.

Yes, Camping could probably benefit from some method splitting here. I
feel like this method is too big and not really correct. I don't think
that it should put the posted data in a Tempfile, especially if your
controller will never make a use of it. I'm not sure it follows the
RFC too.

Btw I've spotted some debug line here that could be removed :
http://code.whytheluckystiff.net/camping/browser/trunk/lib/camping-unabridged.rb#L402

--
Cheers,
  zimbatm