I dropped both the table and the sequence (and rebuilt them manually
again). I uninstalled the camping gem, and installed the latest camping
gem from source. Same error.

This was the sql I used for the table:

CREATE TABLE sessions (
   id NUMBER(38) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
   hashid VARCHAR2(32),
   created_at DATE,
   ivars CLOB DEFAULT empty_clob()
)

Was there something else I should have used?

Regards,

Dan