You're absolutely right. Not anymore, though. I fixed in my cs-branch.
Now it will save the data in three cookies: camping_blob, camping_hash
and camping_time. The secure_blob_hasher includes the remote IP and
the user agent, and it has also a timeout on 15 minutes (which can be overridden
with @@state_timeout).

http://github.com/judofyr/camping/commits/cs

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 5:43 AM, _why <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 12:25:08AM +0200, Magnus Holm wrote:
>> * The cookie session is named Camping::Session and is placed in
>> camping/session.rb. Maybe this should be called Camping::CookieSession or???
>
> You know, these cookie sessions seem like they could be a problem.
> A lot of sessions would contain just the hash and the user name.
> So, spoof the user name and you're in, you know?
>
> _why

Magnus Holm