I like the idea of updating the rubyforge site, but having a main site to publicize Camping would be a nice addition and would have the benefit of being easier for people to find or remember (especially if they are new to Ruby). I really like:

   * rubycamping.com
   * campingframework.com

Here is an additional suggestion: rubyoncamping.com (like ROR).
The new site could act as a portal for everything Camping, such as news, rotating features on sites using Camping, code snippets, etc.

Philippe

Dave Everitt wrote:
Agreed, but ideally it would be great to have it updated as the dead links (redhanded.hobix.com, code.whytheluckystiff.net etc.) give the impression that Camping is neglected (also with the CHANGELOG frozen at 1.5 in 2006), and that's a bit sad for such a nice little framework! Perhaps the community could list and collate the necessary changes/updates on each page, then updating could be shared (I'd be more than willing to do updates)?

An external website would be an extra to collect links and provide an overview, with - say - where get Camping, recent examples from the community, how-to guides (or links and previews), etc. all in one SEO-optimised place. Also, Camping does have some advantages over - say - Sinatra (one being that Sintra needs a reload with each code update) - these aren't immediately apparent unless pointed out. A few of the best Ruby Micro-frameworks deserve a fair hearing, and Camping isn't getting all the web presence it deserves - that's what motivates me!

- Dave Everitt

Awesome suggestion, but we let's not forget that camping.rubyforge.org has served us well :-)
//Magnus Holm

I second the whywentcamping.com domain.

Dave: great, that's a start. One more person and we're there!

Matt: I'm new to Camping (played around with some small apps, but nothing impressive), but I'd be more than happy to be webmaster. If I could get someone to work with, that'd be even better, of course.

Dave: Nice alternative... all that's needed is a chosen domain, a friendly host and to share out the webmastering :-) With a little commitment from a couple of people, I'd provide the hosting and domain.