On 8jun, 2010, at 18:19 , Dave Everitt wrote:

> Hi Raimon - welcome,

thanks!

> glad we got around the rubygems.org fail :-)

hey, I need more workarounds .....

:-)

I'm playing with Camping and the introduction found in
http://camping.rubyforge.org/book/02_getting_started.html

Now I'm reading the Reststop documentation for serving .xml data, and here
comes again the same error:

MacBook-ProII-2:~ montx$ sudo gem install restr
Password:
WARNING:  RubyGems 1.2+ index not found for:
        http://gems.rubyforge.org/

RubyGems will revert to legacy indexes degrading performance.
Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforge.org/
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteSourceException)
    Error fetching remote gem cache: SocketError: getaddrinfo: nodename nor
servname provided, or not known (http://gems.rubyforge.org/yaml)

So the error is general, don't know if I can just clone the git repository of
restr and install it using ruby setup.rb

thanks again for your help!

regards,

r.