> I am not quite sure I got what you meant but here is how I understood it:
>   1. You'd like to build some framework on top of/using Camping

I'd like to create camping from scratch. What was the process, tool etc.

>   2. That framework could take a couple inputs:

        a) One or several Photoshop files representing different page
> mockups
>         b) Some BDD spec files

I would like to standardize the input parameters...psuedo example:
Type into terminal
camping new
output
how many controllers with models?
1
name?
test
list how many requirements that will build the navigation?
section 1, section 2,
would you like images on the home page?
yep
how many?
3
where?
main background, content area, etc..
any sub nav modules?
calendar, map
how would you like to sort and filter section items?
date, location,
view types?
grid, list,
etc...

>   3. The framework would generate/render a Camping app

Yes. Easily hooked services in and out.

> My humble feelings on this:
>
>    - This kind a sounds like a sort of CASE tool or prototyping tool
>
> Maybe. I'm thinking it would be a bare bones data request response hub.

>    - Not being a designer I am not sure what can be done around exporting
>    data from a Photoshop file
>
> It would be nice if the you could point photoshop or any bitmap app to a
config file that made the application aware and structured the layers based
on the site architecture.

>    - Generating a UI and its navigation does not seem trivial to me -
>    could be harder than actually writing the code for it ;-)
>
> It seems like a keyword, nav list item and destination page could be
generated upon controller creation.

>    - Converting/generating some Camping artifacts (e.g.
>    models/controllers/tests) from a BDD spec format (e.g. RSpec or Cucumber)
>    could be pretty interesting
>
> I've been reading a RSpec book and checking out cucumber. I've always
thought the requirements should be turned into test cases then
specifications. The format constraints are interesting. Don't know enough to
pass judgement on its relevance though, yet.

>    - One thing is sure you would learn a lot about the Camping internals!
>
> I happened upon camping while I was messing with rails. I discovered a
entirely new world. It's really interesting. Any pointers are welcome.