Thank you so much Magnus and David for your speedy advice!
Magnus, I think you're right a SQLlight database seems like the best way to
go.

>Cool! Is easier to manage web apps than native apps using
>NaturallySpeaking, or is it just the the native window-based UIs are
>way too complex? I've never really optimized a web app for
>accessibility (which is pretty terrible when I think about it)?

It's a bit of both. NaturallySpeaking tries to make their software as
Web-friendly as possible, so, for example, if I display the fields I want to
be able to choose as a bunch of hyperlinks in a on the page, I can click any
of them by voice as I could any link on a webpage.  With wxruby, that's not
the case.  And since I've done a lot of HTML/CSS work in past jobs, I can
bang it out a lot faster than learning wxruby or some other UI – and it's a
lot easier to build something that has a little style to  it.  :)

Thanks very much!

Anders