Just to be clear (obviously env vars are going to differ according to setup, but):

when env is used inside Camping, it's equivalent to @env and get Rack env vars

when ENV is used, it will get any other environment variables, not just from Passenger etc. but also any set by the system.

With a view to making a little app/snippet to show all available env vars I've been looking at them on David's Camping server (they only appear with the query string at the end of the URL):
  http://dave.camping.sh/sites?vars

But the Rack vars don't seem to format nicely with key value pairs (breaks when I try):
  env.each_pair do |name,value|

so I just made a line for each with
  env.each do |name|

- source here: