See magnus's post at
http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/camping-list/2010-August/001413.html for info on
using the haml and erb support built in to Camping.

Also note that you don't need to 'render' anything. You can just set @body to
whatever string you want in your controller, or even return an IO or Array of
stuff to turn in to strings. If you return an IO like a file or an a url opened
with open-uri the server will automatically stream out the information.

—
Jenna