textarea’s are made using the <textarea> tag. There is no such thing as <input
type=“textarea”>. Maybe this comes from rails or something? In markaby unless
you’ve created some helpers to do otherwise, it outputs whatever you write in
your code - a call to input() wont be transformed in to a <textarea> or a
<button> or any other kind of form element. Markaby really is just a way of
writing html, using ruby syntax instead of xml/sgml, and not much more.

—
Bluebie