Neil,

The '-f', if given, has always excluded the default recipe file
(capfile, or config/deploy.r). Note that you can give -f multiple
times, though, so if you want to load config/deploy.rb along with
another file, you can specify it explicitly.

Regarding the trace, I removed it as of 1.3. :) It was confusing
people, and was generally less useful. I'd be willing to consider
alternate proposals for reporting what recipes are being loaded, but
the implementation as it was, was just a bit too noisy.

- Jamis