On 6 Feb, 08:26, Jamis Buck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Feb 5, 2007, at 2:32 PM, Erik Kastner wrote:
>

> > perfered is to edit your shell's startup scripts (.bash_login,
> > .bash_profile, .profile, etc) to get them in your path AHEAD of
> > /usr/bin and others.
>
> Well, that's preferred, only if your sshd is configured to load those
> when spawning a shell. The problem is that most are not, by default.
> Thus, the _actual_ preferred method is (c), adjust the :svn variable
> so it points to where your svn lives. :)
>
> - Jamis

I've been following along.  I had a similar problem last year.  For
posterity's sake and those of us that are not experienced sysadmins
here's what I did on an XServe:

I added the appropriate $PATH to ~/.ssh/environment on the app server
and then edited /etc/sshd_config (again on the app server) to set
'PermitUserEnvironment yes' (uncommented that line, add it if your
sshd_config does not have it.)

This may help you use tools other than svn successfully with
capsitrano.

Tom