Hello guys,

Last year I was working at a customer's site and we came across the
"corrupted mac" issue reported here. When they were trying to copy
large file (>50 megs) the scp transfer would quit showing this
"Corrupted MAC" message. We debugged the problem and found it was a
hardware issue. The PCI bus speed was to high causing the Intel
Gigabit Ethernet controller clock to scramble the packets. This broke
the ssh connection every time. We finally found an errata for the
controller that confirmed our findings.

If you are experiencing a similar problem and only with certain hosts,
I suggest you take a look at this possibility and try to discard any
possible hardware issue.

Keep up the good work!
Edgardo