On Jul 26, 2009, at 1:10 PM, jemminger wrote:

> I'm trying to call a script I wrote to manage solr via:
>
> task :start do
>  sudo "/etc/init.d/solr start"
> end

try this instead:

sudo "nohup /etc/init.d/solr start"

Cap uses a weird tty when it connects via ssh that will send processes
started from the cap ssh command to get a HUP signal when cap
disconnects, This cause your processes to be terminated when cap
disconnects. IF you append nohup to the command it will ignore the HUP
that gets sent and will therefor not fail when cap disconnects.

Cheers-

Ezra Zygmuntowicz
e...@engineyard.com