If I understood, only with add machineB to role :app should works:

role :app, "machineA", "machineB"
role :web, "machineA"
role :db,  "machineA", :primary => true

namespace :deploy do
  desc "Restarting nginx with god"
  task :restart, :roles => :app, :except => { :no_release => true } do
      sudo "/etc/init.d/god restart"
    end
  end

--