Lee,

On 11/8/2010 8:45 AM, Lee Hambley wrote:

> You could make Capistrano do this, on a higher level it's a "framework
> for performing repeatable tasks on remote servers over SSH" -- however
> almost none of the build in recipes will be useful for you.

Thanks for the response.  My concern isn't whether I could force
Capistrano to serve my need.  It's how much effort I would expend to do
so, compared with just writing something myself using the same gems that
Capistrano uses.  I'm worried about how much I'd have to patch
Capistrano's functionality and work around built in assumptions about
use cases.  In a nutshell, I'm more concerned with practicality than
possibility.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

--