Ryan,

First please post code and logs in a Gist/Pastie - secondly running as a
post-commit hook means you are in a very, very restrictive environment -
there are no dotfiles loaded, the environment (ENV) is usually very, very
restrictive, and SVN may place it's own restrictions.

I might suggest you try the SVN support, and see if anyone there knows how
to do what you are trying… you haven't specified whether or not this deploys
correctly without your strange environment, which I would have expected to
be one of the first things to try.

- Lee