Hi Hassan,

  I just created a foo.rb file with the next task:

##
# SSH parameters
#
set :user, "wadus"
desc "Task for testing to load a config from other file"
task :config_file, :hosts => 'test-server.com' do
  run "sleep 10"
end

   And I have a complete (and working) config/deploy.rb.

  When I did "cap -T -f foo.rb" it showed me three tasks: config_file,
invoke and shell. This is the correct result (I didn't want to see the
config/deploy.rb tasks).

  After this I did "cap config_file -f foo.rb" and Capistrano executed the
task.

  By default Capfile, the file generated by capify command, try to load all
plugins from vendorized gems and load config/deploy.rb file. Then you don't
need to load config/deploy.rb file.

  I cann't reproduce your error, I hope it give you some clues.

Regards