namespaces especially ones you create yourself are usually not defined
with a default task. Deploy however does and that begins the magic
chain of events.

If you want to trigger a deploy from another task call
'deploy.default'; but before you rush to do that with your stage tasks
it will prevent you from doing anything other than a deploy with your
stage which is bad; I always prefer to have the stage decoupled from
what I want to do with that stage.

task :top_level_task_that_calls_a_deploy do
  logger.info "Luke, I'm your father..."
  deploy.default
end

$ cap top_level_task_that_calls_a_deploy
  * executing `top_level_task_that_calls_a_deploy'
 ** Luke, I'm your father...
  * executing `deploy'
  * executing `deploy:update'
 ** transaction: start
  * executing `deploy:update_code'

namespace :namespace_with_a_default_task do
  task :default do
     logger.info "Y U CALL ME?"
  end
end

$ cap namespace_with_a_default_task
  * executing `namespace_with_a_default_task'
 ** Y U CALL ME?