Just an unrelated note I see you've added an only clause that's unnecessary to
your deploy:restart

>  task :restart, :roles => :app, :except => { :no_release => true } do

You should not have an app server that's not supposed to have code deployed to
it; this condition will never be met.

The pattern

> :except => { :no_release => true }

Is generally used without a role specification to catch anything that has code
deployed but may not be the :app role.

Like updating the database.yml; it needs to be updated for :db and :app.