Maybe you are using the releases that make capistrano as a version system?
consider using SVN or even better git for your code.

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 12:43 PM, Nick Hoffman <n...@deadorange.com> wrote:

> By "soft upgrade", you mean modifying the current release instead of
> deploying a new release? If that's the case, in all my years using
> Capistrano, I haven't seen this option mentioned.
>
> Why do you want to do this? It's not a good idea, because it would prevent
> you from being able to roll back.
>
> --

*NM*
*Nicolás Meléndez*
Co-founder of Zoxial <http://www.zoxial.com/>

"P*eople over processes"*
"Working Software over documentation"
"Responding to change over following a plan"

Cell: +54 9 1157535454
Twitter: @nfmelendez
Skype: nfmelendez

*Cofounder of Zoxial  *
A Socialmedia software development company.
www.zoxial.com

*Personal Site *
http://www.melendez.com.ar