Just for the record, I ended up staying on Capistrano 2 and created a
different solution with a single limitation -- only run against one role at
a time.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15619945/capistrano-how-to-access-a-serverdefinition-option-in-the-code/15773270#15773270

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

/Jesper