In your `./Capfile`, do you have a line "load 'deploy/assets'" ?

You just need to delete or comment out this line. There is no need to override any tasks. The only reason Cap is doing asset precompile is because you've told it to, you just need to stop telling it to, take it out of the recipe. By not "load 'deploy/assets'", which is probably currently done in the `./Capfile`, but could theoretically be in any of your recipe files, so grep for it if you can't find it. Just don't load that.

(At least, this is how I understand it to work, and how it's worked for me in the past!)