TheGryzor123 <g.sou...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > Here is the architecture:

    > DeploymentServer --> Gateway --> PrivateServer

    > I don't know Ruby and I'm not a Capistrano expert so could you tell me if
    > there is something wrong in my code?

    > ssh_options[:forward_agent] = true
    > set :ssh_options, {:auth_methods => 'publickey'}

That's the default, as far as I know.

    > ssh_options[:verbose] = :debug
    > set :ssh_options, {:keys => ['~/.ssh/GATEWAY_KEY.pem',
    > '~/.ssh/PRIVATE_SERVER_KEY.pem']}

I'm not aware of these options. I've never known the implementation to use
pem encoded keys.  Why would you specify the gateways keys?

    > It doesn't work and using this syntax I wonder how Capistrano could figure
    > out which key to use. Using SSH from one server to another it works.

Can you please detail, "it works", what specifically works?
I think that if you specify a gateway, that you are telling capistrano
that in order to reach DeploymentServer, it should use Gateway.
I don't think it applies at all to the outgoing ssh to get code.

Login to DeploymentServer, and configure .ssh/config such that you
can "ssh privateserver" and have it work.  You'll want to read the
ssh_config man page, and likely specify a Hostname and Port in the
config for "privateserver"

]     m...@sandelman.ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [