Do an 'ls -lah' inside the release directory and post the results; a mismatch
in owner should be clearly apparent.

Make sure you execute the bundle install as the same user as your application
runner; else chown the release directory and bundle path to your application
runner after the bundle.

Why are you using svn for a github repo?

Have you tried setting the :scm to :git, and use remote_cache strategy? It
should be much faster.