Great, I'm chuffed you got it working in the end. Keys are the answer,
really :-D or the password trick (which is intentionally a bit weird).
Regarding those empty block things, yeah, if you don't need 'em, just
comment them out. I thought you should be able to remove them completely,
but then you might get missing task errors. If that happens you can just do:

namespace :whatever do
  task :a
  task :b
end

(define two noop tasks in namespace :whatever) ... it might be easier on
the eyes?

Lee Hambley
--
http://lee.hambley.name/