I have an example using SSHKit:

# ssh-kit-test.rb:
require 'sshkit'
require 'sshkit/dsl'

on 'example.com', user: 'matt' do
  within('current') do
    puts "this works as expected:"
    puts capture :ls
    puts "this does not get executed in the 'current' directory:"
    puts capture 'ls -l'
  end
end

I would have expected that non-mapped commands have the same `within`,
`with` treatments applied to them as mapped commands. Is there a reason
this is not the case? It's not obvious to me.

Thanks,
Matt

Versions:

   - Ruby 2.0.0-p353
   - Capistrano 3.0.1
   - Rake 10.1.1 / Rails 4.0.2 / etc

Platform:

   - Working on.... Mac OS X 10.9.1
   - Deploying to... Ubuntu 13.10

Logs:

   - Please past logs (as completely as possible to a 3rd party pasting
   service such as pastie.org)

Files:

   - Capfile
   - deploy.rb
   - Stage files (production.rb, staging.rb)