I've been toying around with Capistrano 3 on Windows and ran into a bunch
of authentication issues. I'm trying to avoid Cygwin because it puts a
noticeable strain on the OS but that might be the only solution. Out of
curiosity, did you try running things  through the command line,
Powershell, GIT Bash, and Putty? I haven't had any luck with that but I'm
very new to this kind of deployment method so I could be doing something
wrong. I was hitting this:

C:\Sites\blog_app>cap production deploy:setup_config DL is deprecated, please
use Fiddle DEBUG [6c7f43b1] Running /usr/bin/env [ ! -d
/usr/local/rbenv/versions/2.0.0-p24 7 ] on dnsname.cloudapp.net DEBUG
[6c7f43b1] Command: [ ! -d /usr/local/rbenv/versions/2.0.0-p247 ] cap aborted!
Authentication failed for user u...@dnsname.cloudapp.net

> When I found this potential work-around but wasn't able to get it to work.
If you have a minute to try it through the command line I'd be curios to
see if you could get it up and running (without Cygwin)

set :ssh_options, { keys: ["#{ENV['USERPROFILE']}/.ssh/id_rsa.pub"] }