Versions:

   - Ruby 2.0
   - Capistrano 3.1
   - Rake / Rails / etc 4.0.4

Platform:

   - Working on.... mac os x
   - Deploying to... centos 6.5

Logs:

   - Please past logs (as completely as possible to a 3rd party pasting
   service such as pastie.org)

Files:

   - Capfile
   - deploy.rb
   - Stage files (production.rb, staging.rb)

Hello all,

I am attempting to make it so that capistrano creates a db if it doesn't
exist. Right now I am able to run the command to check for the db but I am
not able to capture the "unknown database" message that comes out from
MYSQL.

I'm sure there is a way to do it, I just haven't figured it out the right
way to do it. The code I am starting with is below:

  desc "check if db exists on remote server. If not create it."
  task :check_db do
    on roles(:app) do |host|
      puts "-"*100
      puts capture("mysql -usomeuser -psomepassword
#{fetch(:application)}_#{fetch(:rails_env)}")
    end
  end

I have also tried:

puts %x("mysql -usomeuser -psomepassword
#{fetch(:application)}_#{fetch(:rails_env)}")

The response I get is:

DEBUG [242e1da5] Command: mysql -usomeuser -psomepassword
app_name_dev_server
DEBUG [242e1da5] ERROR
DEBUG [242e1da5]  1049 (42000)
DEBUG [242e1da5] : Unknown database 'online_community_dev_server'

That last line, or even the one before it, I can't seem to catch it to use
in a condition statement.