Hi Bruno,

thanks for your awnser! I will give it try and think about it. I don't want
to fight the system.
I know from experince with Rails that fighting the system is a bad idea.

What drove me are security concerns. I dont want that my unicorn run with a
user which is able to copy scripts
to the monit or sites-availbable folder.

What I have in mind is deploy the code with the unprivileged user (not sudo
enabled) which also runs later the unicorn sever
and execute all sudo task with a second user. Tasks like restart the nginx,
copy init.d scipts, copy
monit scripts and so on.

Sure I can deploy with the privileged user (sudo enabled) and change folder
permissions later for the unprivileged user
which runs unicorn, but I think this is more error prone .

As for the 3rd party plugins, they should enable you to explicitly set a
> role that does 3rd party task.

That is a great hint! I think this should go into the documentation for
capistrano. So that 3rd party developer keep
this in mind.

Dieter