Thanks, Lee

I spent some quality time with asset pipeline only to realize the problem
had nothing to do with what I thought, but was simply a bug that appeared
when assets were compiled.  Grumble :-)

Thanks for the link on overriding rake tasks -- didn't know about this.

I'll see if I can find a tiny bit of code needed to support disabling asset
pre-compiling per environment and do a PR for the maintainers.

Thanks for your help, as always.

Tom