Hi all,

Currently capnproto is a project inside the github organization for
Sandstorm, i.e. github.com/sandstorm-io/capnproto.

However, Sandstorm has become less-active lately
<https://sandstorm.io/news/2017-02-06-sandstorm-returning-to-community-roots>
 whereas I'm now working on Cap'n Proto fairly actively at Cloudflare
<https://capnproto.org/news/2017-05-01-capnproto-0.6-msvc-json-http-more.html>,
independent of Sandstorm. Hence, it seems like it no longer makes a lot of
sense to treat it as a sub-project of Sandstorm.

Moreover, several people are maintaining Cap'n Proto implementations in
various languages hosted under their own github user accounts. I like for
repositories to be separate in this way, to delineate maintainership and
avoid unnecessarily tying together projects and release cycles. However, it
is admittedly disorganized, and things get particularly awkward when
maintainership changes over time.

I propose, therefore, that we create a Cap'n Proto organization. I further
propose that any implementation of Cap'n Proto which we consider
production-ready should be moved into this organization. Maintainership /
ownership of repositories won't change, but this will make it easier for
people to find all the code in one place. And if a maintainer wants to step
down or designate other maintainers, it will be much easier to do so with
the repos under an organization.

I've gone ahead and created the org here:
  https://github.com/capnproto

I propose that the following repositories be moved into the org:
- C++ main repo (Kenton Varda)
- Rust (David Renshaw)
- Java (David Renshaw)
- Python (Jason Paryani)
- Go v2 (Ross Light)
- Lua (Cloudflare / Jiale Zhi) (Jiale no longer works at Cloudflare, but
Cloudflare definitely uses this code in prod!)
- C (David Lamparter)
- Node.js (Kenton Varda)
- OCaml (Paul Pelzl)

(It looks to me like the other implementations -- Javascript, Nim, Ruby,
Scala, and Erlang -- are currently either still incomplete or not actively
maintained. However, if I've misjudged, let me know.)

Thoughts? Objections?

-Kenton