An ArrayPtr is just a pointer and a size. I don't know what you mean about
making it point to Redis, which I thought was a database.

You can do writable mmap(), but it's tricky. You need to implement a custom
subclass of MessageBuilder. See the comments in capnp/message.h for
details. Note, though, that writable mmap() has an inherent problem that
you can't perform atomic updates, which is usually important for any kind
of database scenario.

The membrane stuff is an object-capability design pattern used with RPC.
It's probably not what you're looking for.

-Kenton