I have an implementation of FFI (foreign function interface) that uses Cap
n' Proto. From a Cap n' Proto perspective it is analogous to Cap n' Proto
RPC but "solves" sharing in-process objects between different languages
rather than distributed messaging. You can read the announcement at
https://discuss.ocaml.org/t/ann-new-project-old-technique-dksdk-ffi-ocaml/12909
(the OCaml programming language discussion boards) if you'd like.

All the Cap n' Proto language bindings (ex. capn-ocaml) are important in
the "DkSDK FFI" framework, but the most critical is the C language binding.
Why? Plain old C is the best language to implement FFI that works across
many languages. However, c-capnproto is unmaintained
<https://github.com/opensourcerouting/c-capnproto/issues/55>
(https://github.com/opensourcerouting/c-capnproto/issues/55).
So I forked c-capnproto, made several fixes, added support for MSVC and
improved the test/build matrix. That fork is available at
https://gitlab.com/dkml/ext/c-capnproto. If no one has any objections it
may be best to list that active fork as the C implementation on
https://capnproto.org/otherlang.html.

Thanks! Jonah