From: Erik Kline [mailto:e...@google.com]
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2017 9:39 AM
To: Dave Dolson
Cc: Kyle Larose; captive-portals@ietf.org; David Bird
Subject: Re: client identifying info between API and enforcement

With temporary addresses being created on the fly whenever desired,
the user could be perpetually bombarded with non-stop portal
interactions.

Not to mention, there is (currently) no guarantee that the IP address
the device uses for interacting with the portal is necessarily the
same as the newly created address that needs to be used (speaking of
IPv6 only; in IPv4 I think we all accept devices really only get one
and only one address).

Clearly if the enforcement box is on the same link as the shared
prefix it's a solvable problem, right?  (just record {l2, l3} pairs)

The issue is then one of what to do about architectures where the
enforcement point is not on the same link as a shared prefix?  In a
deeply multi-tiered architecture this could get really difficult...
hmm...