Darshak Thakore and I are now the editors of the API document, and will be
posting a new version of the document hopefully soon that addresses the
discussions from the previous two IETF meetings. This definition will be a lot
simpler, and should make it clearer how to interact with the ICMP path.

Thanks,
Tommy