In the context of Android, having this additional URL would help us as the
system is not too sure what to do when the session is about to expire: if
we show a notification saying "your session is about to expire" and the
user taps it, but the venue info or login page do not show a remediation UI
(many existing implementations may not have such a page), this would be
confusing to users.
Having a clear signal from the portal that sessions that are about to
expire can be extended at the given URL would help.

Cheers,

Remi