On Tue, May 12, 2020, at 22:32, Bob Harold wrote:
> >  How does the capport wg feel as a whole about this question? [MAC as
> > identifier]
>
> I am also wondering the same thing.

We did discuss this, if I recall.  From memory, there were a few reasons not to
go further:

MAC randomization means that the identifier might not be stable (I don't think
that this is relevant in retrospect as MAC is no worse in this way than IP)

The nature of MAC and what entities could access that information means that it
is more vulnerable to spoofing.  That is, an entity that is not on the same
network segment would be unable to see the MAC and verify that incoming data
was attributed to the UE.

No one volunteered to do a more thorough analysis.  As we have the generic
criteria Kyle refers to, that was considered enough.