Martin Duke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-capport-architecture-08: Discuss

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-capport-architecture/

DISCUSS:

Sec 2.3  says:
At minimum, the API MUST provide: (1) the state of captivity and (2) a URI for
the Captive Portal Server.

But in section 5 of capport-api, user-portal-url is an optional field.

Both a capport-api author and a WG chair agreed that the architecture doc
should be fixed, so I'm moving the DISCUSS here.

COMMENT:

I found the terminology around “Captive Portal API server” and “Captive Portal
Server” to be a little confusing, as these are similar terms. The latter also
doesn’t get its own discussion in Section 2 and is confusingly called the “web
portal server” in Figure 1.

After Figure 1, this seems to be consistently called the “web portal” (sec 2.6
and 4). In the API doc it is called a "user portal." It would be great to unify
the terminology across the documents as a whole.