On Mon, Dec 7, 2020 at 1:27 AM Erik Kline <ek.i...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well done, all!
>
> I look forward to seeing some implementations in the future.  When we
> can all meet again in person we'll see if we can retry the capport
> experiment on the IETF SSIDs.

Yes, probably.

What would be super-useful would be if someone would be willing to
provide a Captive Portal device (preferably 1: fanless, 2: small and
3: not super power hungry (which is somewhat covered by 1&2 anyway),
4: with an ability to scrub logs/not log) that we could use to
actually implement the full experience. Obviously this would be on a
dedicated, opt-in SSID....

Getting experiments setup / approved takes some time, and is always
"best-effort" only, so starting to get this organized early would be
nice... so, anyone have a widget? Or SW for a Pi?

Warren "hoping we meet again soon" Kumari

> On Sun, Dec 6, 2020 at 4:45 PM Martin Thomson <m...@lowentropy.net> wrote:
> >
> > Hey everyone,
> >
> > Join me in thanking the editors of the new RFC.  This was good work.
> >
> > I'll be talking to Barry now about formally closing the group.  We'll leave
> > this list open in case people want to continue to discuss new work on this
> > topic.
> >
> > On Tue, Dec 1, 2020, at 13:51, rfc-edi...@rfc-editor.org wrote:
> > > A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.
> > >

> > >         RFC 8952
> > >
> > >         Title:      Captive Portal Architecture
> > >         Author:     K. Larose,
> > >                     D. Dolson,
> > >                     H. Liu
> > >         Date:       November 2020
> > >         Mailbox:    k...@agilicus.com,
> > >                     ddol...@acm.org,
> > >                     liucou...@google.com
> > >         Pages:      19
> > >         Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None
> > >
> > >         I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-capport-architecture-10.txt

> > >         DOI:        10.17487/RFC8952
> > >
> > > This document describes a captive portal architecture. Network
> > > provisioning protocols such as DHCP or Router Advertisements (RAs),
> > > an optional signaling protocol, and an HTTP API are used to provide
> > > the solution.
> > >
> > > This document is a product of the Captive Portal Interaction Working
> > > Group of the IETF.
> > >

> > > INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
> > > It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
> > > this memo is unlimited.
> > >
> > > This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
> > > To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
> > >   https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
> > >
> > > For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
> > > For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk
> > >
> > > Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
> > > author of the RFC in question, or to rfc-edi...@rfc-editor.org.  Unless
> > > specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
> > > unlimited distribution.
> > >

> > > The RFC Editor Team
> > > Association Management Solutions, LLC

The computing scientist’s main challenge is not to get confused by the
complexities of his own making.
  -- E. W. Dijkstra