Hi,

I upgraded the ESB form 2.1.1 to 2.1.3 in test environment, but it doesn't work.

First, I copied all database files from the older version to the new, assuming
that the DB format is unchanged (I cannot found any documentation about it)
Then, I configured the ESB to access the same extrenal registry of the older
version (GREG 3.0.1).

After startup, all proxyes are disabled and, after enabling, they don't
preserve their status after restart. Also, at startup time, this exception is
thrown:

2010-03-02 09:58:47,062 [-] [Framework Event Dispatcher] ERROR
STSServiceComponent Error occured while updating carbon STS service
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: The system is attempting to access an inactive
service: wso2carbon-sts
        at
org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisConfiguration.getService(AxisConfiguration.java:929)
        at
org.wso2.carbon.sts.STSDeploymentInterceptor.updateSTSService(STSDeploymentInterceptor.java:80)
        at
org.wso2.carbon.sts.internal.STSServiceComponent.activate(STSServiceComponent.java:53)
        at
        at
        at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.model.ServiceComponent.activate(ServiceComponent.java:230)
        at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.model.ServiceComponentProp.activate(ServiceComponentProp.java:140)
        at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.model.ServiceComponentProp.build(ServiceComponentProp.java:330)
        at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.InstanceProcess.buildComponent(InstanceProcess.java:560)
        at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.InstanceProcess.buildComponents(InstanceProcess.java:182)
        at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.Resolver.getEligible(Resolver.java:292)
        at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.SCRManager.serviceChanged(SCRManager.java:226)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.FilteredServiceListener.serviceChanged(FilteredServiceListener.java:124)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:930)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:220)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:149)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEventPrivileged(ServiceRegistry.java:757)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEvent(ServiceRegistry.java:712)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistrationImpl.register(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:129)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.registerService(ServiceRegistry.java:206)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:506)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:524)
        at
org.wso2.carbon.mediation.initializer.ServiceBusInitializer.activate(ServiceBusInitializer.java:123)
[...]

Are there any guidelines for a correct migration of the ESB?

Thanks