Hi Samisa,

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 4:06 PM, Ruwan Janapriya <janapr...@wso2.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Dashboard Devs,
>>
>> Can you please answer the following? Note that these questions
>> are targeting the Dashboard shipped with BAM.
>>
>> 1. Can we have a UI, where users can pick and choose gadgets from a gadget
>> repo? AFAIK, GS has this feature right?
>>
> Yes, you can simply add this component.

> 2. Is there a mechanism to categorize gadgets. Tagging would be ideal. e.g.
>> Gadgets belong to Mediation category.

Do you mean inside the repository ? If so we don't have that feature yet.
But since registry resources has tagging. we can easily provide this feature
and show the tag cloud before the gadgets in the gadget repository.

> Basically we need to be able to have a hierarchical categorization
> mechanism. e.g.
>
> --> Mediation
>       |------> Endpoint
>                   |------> Analytics
>       |------> Proxy
>                   |------> Analytics
>
> May be a multiple tagging would also do the job.
>
> Samisa...
>

>  as well as a tagging mechanism
>
>> 3. Can we have multiple dashboards in a single product? I believe the
>> answer is yes, but want to confirm.

Yes you can have.
You can have another menu item. i.e dashboard2, and  in the URL you should
send the param "name=<dashboard2>"
of cause we have to do some little work in the dashboard populater.

Regards
/Nuwan